There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Explore the best Alaska quotes, sayings, and puns that capture the spirit of the North. Great for Instagram captions or inspiration for travel.
From its wild and rugged natural beauty to its inspiring tales of exploration, Alaska has always been a place that captivates hearts and minds. It’s no surprise then that many have sought to capture the incredible grandeur, mystery, and adventure offered by North America’s Last Frontier.
In this Alaska quotes post, we’ll take a look at some of our favorite quotes about Alaska – from travelers exploring for adventure to famous Alaskans deeply in love with their home state. We also have some humorous quotes about Alaska and even some puns that can make some funny Alaska captions.
Get ready for an all-encompassing voyage through the diverse landscape of insights shared on the timeless beauty that is Alaska!
How to Use These Alaska Quotes
Whether you’re planning a vacation to the Last Frontier or merely looking for some inspiration, these Alaska quotes are sure to spark your imagination. Whether it’s the vast, untouched wilderness of Alaska or its diverse and multicultural cities, these quotes paint a beautiful picture of this amazing state. Here are some ideas on how to use these quotes in your life:
1. Use these quotes about Alaska to inspire your creativity. Whether you’re writing a novel, screenplay, or blog post, use Alaska-inspired words and phrases to give your work a unique flavor.
2. Share the quote with friends and family who are planning a trip to Alaska. Whether you’re going on a cruise or visiting Anchorage, these words will make them look forward to the adventure even more.
3. Put an Alaska quote in a frame and hang it up as a reminder that you can always find beauty and adventure in life.
4. Use one of these quotes as a caption for your next Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook post with images from Alaska. Many of these quotes make particularly good Alaska Instagram captions for your scenic photography.
No matter how you decide to use these Alaska quotes, hopefully, they will inspire you and take your thoughts sky-high. Soak in the beauty of Alaska and feel free to share it with others! Enjoy!
Alaska Travel Quotes
When we think of just what encapsulates Alaska, these 13 quotes about Alaska do the job.
Captured in Alaskan skies and written in true Alaskan spirit, they sum up just how vast and beautiful the land of “The Last Frontier” truly is.
From short sayings perfect for Instagram captions to verbal sketches capturing life along the Alaska Highway, these well-known words tell just why travelers from all over flock to explore its wild beauty. See these perfect quotes about Alaska shared below.
- “Alaska is the only state in the union where you can see the flags of four nations fly: The United States, Russia, Canada, and the Native Peoples’ flag.” – Unknown
- “Alaska’s bigger than Texas, California, and Montana combined—it’s immense and unspoiled!” – Kim Heacox
- “Alaska has long been a magnet for dreamers and misfits, people who think the unsullied enormity of the Last Frontier will patch all the holes in their lives. The bush is an unforgiving place, however, that care nothing for hope or longing.” -Jon Krakauer
- “When you travel in Alaska you are humbled by its size and wildness, awed by its beauty, inspired by its original peoples whose culture is still deeply rooted.” – David Roberts
- “A journey into the Alaskan wilderness will leave you with an indelible impression that will stay with you forever.” – Jeffrey Siger
- “Alaska isn’t about who you were when you headed this way. It’s about who you become.” -Kristin Hannah
- “In Alaska, I found a great part of the world where there were no people…I was able to live for days in an area as big as some European countries without seeing another human being.” – Peter Matthiessen
- “Adventure begins in the land of the midnight sun.” -John Muir, Naturalist
- “In Alaska, you can go out your door and be in a completely different world.” -Bear Grylls
- “The grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never all dried at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal sunset, eternal dawn and gloaming, on sea and continents and islands, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls.” –famous naturalist John Muir (discussing Alaska beauty)
- “Alaska is the only place in the world where you can see grizzly bears, bald eagles, and beluga whales all in one day!” – John Muir
- “But at the time, I just saw Alaska up there. And it was big, just like I wanted to be.” –John Green
- “The soul of Alaska lies in its wilderness—the vast stretches of mountain peaks, endless forests, wide rivers, and deep blue ocean harboring a tremendous diversity of wildlife.” – Gary Snyder
- “Alaska has been a dream of mine since I was a small child. Seeing its terrain from the air is an experience like no other – majestic vestibules of white snow-capped peaks wrap around rolling hills in every direction.” – Sally Ride
- “If you’ve never seen Alaska and experienced it for yourself, you just can’t imagine what it’s like—its pristine beauty and untamed wilderness will simply take your breath away!” – Sarah Palin
- “This was one of the places people told me to go, it was one the big trips that you should see: Alaska.” – Jeff Goldblum
- “Like any traveler, I’m always looking for those experiences that are almost unique to any place, and watching films around Alaska of the skies in winter made me want to taste those unworldly showers of light in person.” – Pico Iyer
- “I’m going to Alaska. Moose blood. Crazy stuff! Blows your head off.” – Bee Movie
Quotes About Alaska Beauty
Alaska is loved by many – and truly, no wonder! These 15 Alaska quotes attest to its natural beauty with the lover of wilderness in mind.
The Alaskan nights are described as being alive, with the sun’s energy coloring the world around it a pinky rose. Every corner of this state has something unique to look at – breathtaking views, huge mountains, icy glaciers, and more.
It’s a nature lover’s paradise that cannot be replicated anywhere else.
With such an enchanting mix of grandeur and beauty, it’s impossibly easy to get lost in its landscapes. Who doesn’t want to explore the untamed allure of Alaska? Check out these powerful quotes about Alaska shared below.
- “The sweeping landscape of Alaska is like a painter’s canvas waiting to be filled with vibrant colors of summer flowers and snow-capped mountains.” – Megan Eaves
- “Alaska’s beauty is unrivaled – it’s a visual feast that takes your breath away and captivates you to the core.” – Tom Bodett
- “The great Alaskan wilderness, with its glaciers, mountains, forests, rivers, and lakes, is unmatched in its natural beauty.” – Barack Obama
- “Alaska has an incredible variety of stunning landscapes; from snow-capped mountains to dense forest regions and powerful rivers. It really is an awe-inspiring sight!” – Amanda Palmer
- “No matter where you go in Alaska you will be met with breathtaking views and pristine wilderness. It truly is one of nature’s finest masterpieces.” – John Krasinski
- “The majestic beauty of Alaska is something that can’t be fully described with words. You must see it for yourself to truly appreciate its grandeur.” – Margaret Atwood
- “Alaska is a paradise of immense proportions. Its majestic mountains, wild rivers, and crystal clear lakes make it a captivating place for exploration and discovery.” – Chris Pratt
- “Alaska: Where Nature Rules.” -Anonymous
- “The light in Alaska, in particular, is so beautiful. So beautiful! Such incredible light.” -Sebastiao Salgado
- “The scenery of Alaska is unparalleled; towering mountains and glacial valleys, majestic fjords and misty rainforests, vast tundras and wild rivers.” – Tom Bodett
- “The mountains of Alaska are the most beautiful I have ever seen in my life” – John Muir, famous naturalist, author, and explorer.
- “It’s like the edge of the world here in Alaska; it has a rugged beauty that is incomparable” – Karen Walker
- “Alaska is a place unlike any other on Earth – from its wild and pristine lands to its incredible people – Alaska will capture your heart” – Lisa Murkowski.
- “Alaska has a soul-stirring unspoiled beauty that goes beyond words” – Eric McReyolds
- “Alaska offers endless opportunities for exploration and adventure set against the backdrop of extreme natural beauty” – National Geographic Magazine.
- “Alaska is an amazing state with incredible natural wonders found nowhere else in the United States” – Michael Bloomberg
- “In terms of wilderness preservation, Alaska is the last frontier. This time, given one great final chance, let us strive to do it right. Not in our generation, nor ever again, will we have a land and wildlife opportunity approaching the scope and importance of this one.” – Mo Udall
Funny Alaska Quotes
If you ever need a funny Alaska quote from some smart people, look no further!
From comedians to authors, there is an infinite array of funny quips about the largest state in the United States. Whether they joke about winter temperatures or the unique Alaskan accent, there’s never a dull moment when witty Alaska quotes are around.
So if you need a bit of levity or just want to chuckle at some smart remarks about America’s coldest state, take a peek at these ten funny quotes about Alaska!
- “Moose are the squirrels of Alaska.” –Tim Moon
- “Alaska is what happens when Willy Wonka and the witch from Hansel and Gretel elope, buy a place together upstate, renounce their sweet teeth, and turn into health fanatics.” – Sloane Crosley
- Former Governor Sarah Palin famously said, “I can see Russia from my house!” while being interviewed by Katie Couric in 2008. (the closest point between the two nations is over 55 miles away)
- “The Bermuda Triangle got tired of warm weather. It moved to Alaska. Now Santa Claus is missing” -Steven Wright, Comedian
- Comedian and actor Dan Aykroyd once joked, “Alaska has more ice than Florida has sunshine!”
- “Alaska…where men are men, and so are some of the women.” – Comedian Bobbie Gentry has attributed this quote to herself.
- Actor Seth MacFarlane quipped, “Alaska is the only state in the union you can secede from without leaving the country.”
- Comedian Jeff Foxworthy exclaimed, “People in Alaska have to get up really early to watch the sunrise because it takes so long for it to go down!”
- “Does my Alaska look fat in this map?” -Mame McCutchin
- Late-night talk show host David Letterman joked, “In Alaska they don’t throw away their old refrigerators — they just move them out back with the bike and skis.”
- “Where else would I want to live other than in Alaska? Nowhere else.” – Former Alaska Senator Ted Stevens famously proclaimed this upon his retirement in 2008.
- “It was a cold, bleak December morning in Alaska, a place so far north on planet Earth that if there were such things as popsicle people, they could live there quite comfortably.” –Dew Pellucid
- “In Alaska you only have two months of summer, which is like a gift from God; but then again, you also have two months of winter when it’s 20 below zero outside your door!” – Famous Alaskan author Joe McGinnis is said to have quipped this while living in the state during the 1970s.
- “I don’t think there’s anything better than having an Alaskan adventure with no plan whatsoever!” – Actress Hilary Duff expressed these thoughts while on vacation in the Last Frontier in 2013.
- “Snowshoeing around Alaska is one of my favorite things to do in the wintertime! It’s like walking on velvet!” – Actor and Alaskan resident Liam Hemsworth declared this upon the mention of his love for snowshoeing trips taken near his home state in 2015.
Quotes About Alaska
Having the privilege to visit and live in Alaska does nothing short of leaving an unforgettable impact on people’s lives.
In recognition of just how awe-inspiring Alaska is, some of the brightest minds have been drawn to put it poetically into words. Here are 11 awesome quotes about Alaska.
- “The scenery is spectacular…the mountains, lakes, rivers, forests, and tundra are all breathtakingly beautiful.” – Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter
- “Alaska is an amazing place of vast beauty and tremendous opportunity” – Former U.S. Senator Mark Begich
- “Nobody is accidentally in Alaska. The people who are in Alaska are there because they choose to be, so they’ve sort of got a real frontier ethic. The people are incredibly friendly, interesting, smart people – but they also stay out of each other’s business.” -Marcus Sakey
- “We grew up in Alaska and will rep The North Face all day long.” -John Gourley
- “Alaska has the highest percentage of Glaciers in the United States, with over 100,000 glaciers covering 5% of its total land area” – USGS (United States Geological Survey)
- “Relegating grizzlies to Alaska is like relegating happiness to heaven. One may never get there.” – Aldo Leopold
- “Alaska has more coastline than all the other US states combined” – US Census Bureau
- “The aurora borealis can be seen from Alaska on clear nights, providing an extraordinary light show” – National Park Service
- “Two kinds of flocks come up to Alaska, Cora. People running to something and people running away from something. The second kind-you want to keep your eye out for them.” –Kristin Hannah
- “The original settlers of Alaska apparently were Russian.”– Jeff Goldblum
- “Alaska contains 17 of the 20 highest peaks in the United States” – National Geographic
- “Kids in Alaska don’t know they’re growing up on the Last Frontier. It’s just what they see on the license plates, and it’s something tourists like to say a lot because they’ve never been around so many mountains and moose before.” –Tom Bodett
There’s nothing like a good Alaska pun to leave you with a smile.
Nothing beats Alaska when it comes to amusing ice-breakers. From the Iditarod Trail to the Northern Lights, there’s no shortage of clever puns that can make even the most frosty people chuckle.
So don’t delay – get your friends together for an Alaskan roast and see who has the best puns about “The Last Frontier”!
- There’s no place like Nome
- What did one glacier say to another glacier in Alaska? Let’s chill out!
- You simply moose visit Alaska!
- What do you call an emotionally unstable animal who lives in Alaska and vacations in Antarctica? A bi-polar bear.
- Lots of women wish they could say Iditarod.
- Why did the moose move from Texas to Alaska? For cooler antlers!
- This place is otter-ly amazing.
- I can’t a-fjord a trip to Alaska right now
- It’s colder than an ice cube in Alaska!
- Did Juneau that you’re my hero?
- When asked why he moved to Alaska, the miner said “It was a gold rush decision!”
- How does an Eskimo stay warm in Alaska? He puts on many fur coats!
- How many hours of daylight does Alaska get in the summertime? It’s all about that midnight sun!
- Alaska’s the last frontier, eh? Not for me – I’ve already gone to the ends of the earth for you!
- I’m just a salmon swimming upstream to get to Alaska!
- What did the tourist say when asked why she visited Alaska? “I wanted to experience the great snow-venture!”
- Anchorage aweigh
- When searching for gold in Alaska, make sure you don’t lose your nugget of wisdom!
- Alaska, I love you snow much
- If Mississippi gave Missouri her New Jersey, what would Delaware? I don’t know but Alaska.
- What did one igloo say to the other igloo in Alaska? Let’s hang out and chill for a while!
- Denali ain’t just a river in Egypt
Famous Alaska Sayings
The beauty of the Alaskan frontier doesn’t stop people from talking about it. If anything it encourages them to say more.
In this section of Alaska quotes, we share 14 things people say about Alaska. From locals sharing common expressions to sayings based on the glaciers, wildlife, and elements of nature for which Alaska is well-known.
- “Alaska: Where even mosquitoes are bigger!” – a common joke used by locals
- “Where else would I want to live other than in Alaska? Nowhere else.” – Former Alaska Senator Ted Stevens famously proclaimed this upon his retirement in 2008.
- “You know you’re in Alaska when the sun sets at midnight and rises at 2am” – an expression commonly used by Alaskans
- “In Alaska, you have two months of summer, which is like a gift from God; but then again, you also have two months of winter when it’s 20 below zero outside your door!” – Famous Alaskan author Joe McGinnis is said to have quipped this while living in the state during the 1970s.
- “There’s no place like Alaska!” – attributed to the people of Alaska
- “I went to Alaska as a young man just looking for adventure. And like so many of us in the ’70s, we found it.” -Tom Bodett
- “Alaska is a big state, but a small town” – often quoted by locals who live in smaller towns within the state
- “If you don’t like the weather in Alaska, just wait five minutes.” – attributed to Mark Twain
- “Do something wild today! Take a trip to Alaska!” – a popular saying used to encourage adventurers
- “Alaska: It’s from an Aleut word, Alyeska. It means ‘that which the sea breaks against,’ and I love that.” -John Green
- “I don’t think there’s anything better than having an Alaskan adventure with no plan whatsoever!” – Actress Hilary Duff expressed these thoughts while on vacation
- “Snowshoeing around Alaska is one of my favorite things to do in the wintertime! It’s like walking on velvet!” – Actor and part-time Alaskan resident Liam Hemsworth declared this upon the mention of his love for snowshoeing trips taken near his home state in 2015.
- “Ya sure, you betcha” – a phrase made famous by former Alaska Governor and Vice President Sarah Palin.
- “Just try to be healthy and enjoy Alaska” – Keith Morris, musician
- “Alaska: If you don’t like the scenery, just wait for it to change” – another well-known expression among Alaskans
- “Despite everything, every piece of Alaska sang to me. I remembered every curve in the trails, every tree in the forest. It was familiar to me, comfortable. The more I thought about leaving it, the less I liked the idea. This was my home.” –Summer Lane
- “Alaska itself is an unusual state.”- Fareed Zakaria
Alaska Song List
If you want to experience the sheer majestic geography of the unclaimed land of Alaska via the words of some of the greatest musicians of all time, check out our Alaska song list. These songs will give you the free spirit of the untamed Alaskan wilderness, even if you have never been there.
A Final Word About These Alaska Quotes
Alaska is consistently voted as one of the most beautiful places on Earth, and it’s no wonder why – in addition to its stunning landscapes, Alaska has some of the wittiest travel quotes and sayings around.
Whether you’re looking for puns, funny quotes, or meaningful Alaska quotes, there’s no shortage of Alaska-related sayings that perfectly capture the beauty and adventure of this amazing place.
From exploring words about Alaska’s chilly natural gems to warming up with amusing sayings, 101 Alaska Quotes captures all that this tucked-away state has to offer.
Get inspired and head to happiness heaven in Alaska with these perfect quotes in mind!